This course satisfies the CCW Modification requirements as demanded by the Riverside County Sheriff's Department and the State of California. It consists of a hands-on practical qualification with the firearm(s) you intend to add. There is no qualification required for firearms you intend to remove from your permit. PLEASE NOTE: Per the Riverside County Sheriff, you are only permitted two (2) modifications per calendar year. You can add, change, or subtract firearms in each of the two modifications.
Who Should Take this Course
This session is for individuals who currently hold a valid CCW permit and are wishing to add, replace, or remove, a firearm from their CCW permit.
What You Should Know
- You must bring all firearms that you wish to add to your CCW (limit of 6, no smaller than .380, no larger than .45 caliber) UNLOADED to the class.
- You will be required to fire your firearm on a Sheriff’s designated range and qualify with a passing score of 70% or better.
- You must have a IWB holster that will be inspected for safety and comply with department guidelines. The holsters you bring should be the holsters you'll use when carrying concealed.
- No outside the waistband, thigh-rigs, or off-body holsters. Holsters MUST have retention or OTHER
ACCEPTABLE METHODS of retaining the weapon in the holster. Most Kydex holsters are able to adjust retention.
- Bring AT LEAST 50 ROUNDS FOR EACH FIREARM you intend to qualify with. If you do not have the required ammo, the range has it available for sale.
- You will be required to use the firearm's standard sights during qualifications; using lasers or holographic sights for the qualification process will be prohibited.
- A 70% passing score requires satisfactory completion of the following tasks 3 tasks:
a. Starting from the 15-yard line from a "holstered" position, you will empty a magazine with 6 rounds (or cylinder) at your target. WHEN DIRECTED, you will reload and move forward to the 10-yard line.
b. At the 10-yard line and starting from the "holstered" position, you will empty a magazine with 6 rounds (or cylinder) at your target. WHEN DIRECTED, you will reload and move forward to the 7-yard line.
c. At the 7-yard line and starting from the "holstered" position, you will empty a magazine with 6 rounds (or cylinder) at your target, firing four shots to the body and two to the head until all ammunition is expended, after which you will clear and show a safe gun.
- FAILURE to bring all required equipment (firearms, ammo, belt, holsters & range gear), or failure to pass the firearms inspection, qualify with a passing score of 70% or better, or any unsafe range violation will result in the non-issuance of the CCW course completion certificate.