This course exceeds the 4-hour Renewal CCW Course as approved by the Riverside County Sheriff's Department, serviced cities within Los Angeles County (visit www.myccw.us to confirm your city), and the State of California. It consists of classroom instruction and hands-on practical qualification.
Who Should Take this Course
This course is for residents of Riverside County, and residents of serviced cities within Los Angeles County who possess a valid CCW permit that will expire, or one that has already expired (within 30 days only), and wish to renew their CCW permit.
- Resident of the Riverside County or a resident of serviced cities within Los Angeles County. Check www.myccw.us for details.
- Must qualify with a passing score of 70% or better. Please visit the FAQ page for qualification standards.
What You Should Know
- We shoot in all types of weather. Rain, wind, and heat. Shootings can occur in any temperature. Practice like your life depends on it. Of course, if the rain or wind is too extreme, we'll cancel. We will not cancel due to heat. We may, on occasion, shoot at the indoor range. If so, there are no weather cancellations.
- You must bring all firearms that you want on your CCW (limit 6, no smaller than .380, no larger than .45 caliber) UNLOADED to the class. Leave all ammo in your vehicle and have your ID ready upon arrival.
- You must have a IWB (inside the waistband) holster that will be inspected for safety and comply with department guidelines. The holsters you bring should be the holsters you'll use when carrying concealed.
- No outside the waistband (OWB), thigh-rigs, or off-body holsters. Holsters MUST have retention or OTHER ACCEPTABLE METHODS of retaining the weapon in the holster. Most Kydex holsters are able to adjust retention.
- You will be required to fire your firearm on a Sheriff’s designated range, and qualify with a passing score of 70% or better.
- Bring AT LEAST 100 ROUNDS FOR EACH FIREARM you intend to qualify with. If you do not have the required ammo, the range has it available for sale.
- You will be required to use the firearm's standard sights or holographic sights (RMR Optic) during qualifications; using lasers for the qualification process will be prohibited.
- A 70% passing score requires satisfactory completion of the following tasks 3 tasks:
- Starting from the 15-yard line from a "holstered" position, you will empty a magazine with 6 rounds (or cylinder) at your target. WHEN DIRECTED, you will reload and move forward to the 10 yard line.
- At the 10-yard line and starting from the "holstered" position, you will empty a full magazine (or cylinder) at your target. WHEN DIRECTED, you will reload and move forward to the 7 yard line.
- At the 7-yard line and starting from the "holstered" position, you will empty a full magazine (or cylinder) at your target, firing four shots to the body and two to the head until all ammunition is expended, after which you will clear and show a safe gun.
- FAILURE to bring all required equipment (firearms, ammo, belt, holsters & range gear), or failure to pass the weapons inspection, qualify with a passing score of 70% or better, or any unsafe range violation will result in the non-issuance of the CCW course completion certificate.