This course satisfies the 8-hour Required CCW Course as demanded by the Riverside County Sheriff's Department, serviced cities in Los Angels County (visit www.MyCCW.us for more information) and the State of California to obtain a Concealed Carry Weapon Permit (CCW). It consists of classroom instruction and hands-on practical qualification. You will be required to fire your firearm on a Sheriff’s designated range. To qualify, you must pass with a score of 70% or better.
Who Should Take this Course
This course is designed for experienced shooters wishing to obtain a CCW permit from the Sheriff of the County of Riverside. THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER COURSE. Students must arrive with the skills and abilities necessary to draw from a concealed location, engage a target at three different distances, and receive a passing score of 70% or greater.
- Resident of any city in Riverside County and serviced cities in Los Angeles County (visit www.myccw.us to confirm)
- Please visit the FAQ page and/or www.MyCCW.us, for qualification standards.
- Prerequisite CCW Prep Course or demonstrated ability - THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER COURSE.
What You Should Know
- We shoot in all types of weather. Rain, wind, and heat. Shootings can occur in any temperature. Practice like your life depends on it. Of course, if the rain or wind is too extreme, we'll cancel. We will not cancel due to heat.
- You must bring all firearms that you want on your CCW (limit 6, no smaller than .380, no larger than .45 caliber) UNLOADED to the class. Leave all ammo in your vehicle and have your ID ready upon arrival.
- You MUST have a Kydex (molded plastic) IWB holster that will be inspected for safety and comply with department guidelines. The holsters you bring should be the holsters you'll use when carrying concealed. We stock Kydex holsters for the most common firearms.
- No outside the waistband, thigh-rigs, or off-body holsters. Holsters should have retention or OTHER ACCEPTABLE METHODS of retaining the weapon in the holster. Kydex holsters have and are able to adjust retention. NO LEATHER, NYLON, FABRIC, BELLY BAND, OR COLLABSIBLE HOLSTERS.
- You will be required to fire your firearm on a Sheriff’s designated range, and qualify with a passing score of 70% or better.
- Bring AT LEAST 100 ROUNDS FOR EACH FIREARM you intend to qualify with. If you do not have the required ammo, the range has it available for sale.
- You will be required to use the firearm's standard sights during qualifications; using lasers or holographic sights for the qualification process will be prohibited.
- A 70% passing score requires satisfactory completion of the following tasks 3 tasks:
- Starting from the 15-yard line from a "holstered" position, you will empty a magazine with 6 rounds (or cylinder) at your target. WHEN DIRECTED, you will reload and move forward to the 10 yard line.
- At the 10-yard line and starting from the "holstered" position, you will empty a magazine with 6 rounds (or cylinder) at your target. WHEN DIRECTED, you will reload and move forward to the 7 yard line.
- At the 7-yard line and starting from the "holstered" position, you will empty a magazine with 6 rounds (or cylinder) at your target, firing four shots to the body and two to the head until all ammunition is expended, after which you will clear and show a safe gun.
- FAILURE to bring all required equipment (firearms, ammo, belt, holsters & range gear), or failure to pass the firearms inspection, qualify with a passing score of 70% or better, or any unsafe range violations, will result in the non-issuance of the CCW course completion certificate.
- YOU MUST visit https://raahauges.pcsparty.com/sign/ and complete the online waiver if you haven't done so in the last year. This course is all inclusive (includes classroom, range fee, target, qualification and Certificate of Completion) DOES NOT INCLUDE AMMUNITION.